Last night, the musicians of WaterBear had the pleasure of attending a masterclass hosted by our very own Jade Williams. This masterclass was unique and very refreshing, focussing on the psychology of anxiety in performance.
For many musicians, nerves and anxiety can sometimes get the better of us before a performance. Jade shared with us the importance of these feelings and how we can be in touch with them and stay focussed on the most important thing, the performance.
The attendees of the masterclass shared their own experiences of nerves and anxiety and were shown breathing exercises to help the focus and control the nerves that had the potential to creep up before a performance / audition / competition.
This was a really great masterclass on such an important subject.
Thank you, Jade!
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.