We're excited to launch our brand-new BA Honours programme in Electronic Music and Business* for Producers, DJs, and Artists. The new course builds on WaterBear’s reputation for offering a new approach to higher education and innovation, with a commitment to smaller classes and one-on-one mentoring.
The course will be delivered onsite, online, and on demand and has been put together by industry professionals at the very top of their game including; Billy Mauseth - Founder Director of the UK’s foremost conference for electronic music, the Brighton Music Conference, Claire Spooner (Just Her) - Internationally acclaimed producer, songwriter, label owner, DJ and vocalist, James Fitchett (Prok | Fitch) - One of Beatport’s highest selling artists of all time, plus Spotify streams in the millions, Tim Belcher - Veteran producer, studio engineer, DJ and tutor, signed to over 50 labels and with around 500 releases under his belt, and Jack Kingslake - Artist currently signed to ‘electronic soul’ label Tru Thoughts. A go-to producer for a massive range of Hip Hop, Grime, Soul, RnB and Trip Hop artists.
The course is fully accredited and approved by Falmouth University, and is completely flexible with a wide choice of course modules and activity tailored to the individual including;
• Music Production – writing, recording, mixing, mastering.
• Performance – on stage and in the studio.
• Music Business – DJs & Producers will learn to innovate and design their own life in music.
• One-to-one mentoring – mentoring with top DJs and producers.
• Access to professional studios – free rehearsal and recording time in professional studios.
• Work experience – opportunities to work at leading radio stations, record labels, festivals, and live events.
Students will study across our citywide campus in the heart of Brighton, with facilities including two Apple Mac suites, recording & mix studios, rehearsal rooms, and of course WaterBear’s very own seafront venue.
The BA Honours degree course in Electronic Music and Business* is designed to give Producers, DJs, and Artists the perfect blend of artistic freedom alongside practIcal strategies to forge their own careers.
The degree is built on three fundamental elements – music, career, and projects. It deals with what really matters in the industry, will expand students’ options and push them to create original, boundary-shifting music.
*Subject to approval Spring 2021
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.