We’re named after a creature called a Tardigrade (aka Water Bear, Moss Piglet), which is a water-dwelling, eight-legged micro-animal. They have been found everywhere; from mountain tops to the deep sea and in volcanoes, tropical rain forests and even the Antarctic. They are among the most resilient animals known, with individual species able to survive extreme conditions that would be rapidly fatal to nearly all other known life forms. It is this resilience that inspires us in everything we do.
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.