What is Clearing?
Clearing is part of the undergraduate application cycle for universities. It's an opportunity for you to apply for undergraduate courses that still have places available from July. It’s also a way for anyone who hasn’t applied to study at university by 30th June 2022 to make their application. So, if you haven’t applied to study at WaterBear by this date, you will need to go through Clearing.
There are a number of reasons you might apply through Clearing. These could be:
· You didn't get the grades set by your firm or insurance choice universities.
· You achieved grades that are higher than predicted so you'd like to apply for an alternative course with higher entry requirements.
· You've changed your mind about your preferred choice of university
· You've applied but don't hold any offers from universities.
· You applied after 30th June which means you automatically get entered into Clearing.
If you find yourself without an offer on results day, don't worry! Clearing is a great opportunity to find the course that's right for you.
UCAS Clearing opens on the 5 July 2022 and runs right up until when the courses start in September, but you’ll have more of a chance of securing your place the earlier you apply.
You don’t need to wait for results day either, you can apply via the Clearing process at any time after this date.
If you’ve already had a 1-1 applicant session at WaterBear but have not yet applied, please call us on 01273 726230 to complete your Clearing Form over the phone.
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.