Earlier this month, WaterBear joined forces with the incredible bassist Dirk Lance to offer an amazing bursary, giving bassists at WaterBear the opportunity to win £500 towards musical equipment!
Applicants were encouraged to compose and perform a bass line to an unreleased East of June track and all of the submissions were absolutely brilliant.
We are so excited to share with you that the winner of The Dirk Lance Bursary is Jason Rungapadiachy!
"Congratulations Jason, you were the closest to death to my bassline and your timing is of the essence. Well done!" - Dirk Lance.
Thank you to everyone you applied for this bursary, and a huge thank you to Dirk Lance for your amazing generosity!
Enjoy Jason's incredible winning submission in the video below. The track is - 'Goodbye' by East of June.
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.