Damian Keyes, award-winning entrepreneur, educator, author, social media specialist and long-time friend of WaterBear, has teamed up with the College to offer a scholarship award in his name. The Damian Keyes Scholarship award will cover all tuition fees for one lucky student throughout their master’s degree at WaterBear. The courses eligible for the scholarship award are the 1-year MA Music Industry Enterprise course and the 1-year MA Music Performance, Production & Business course, which can be studied on-site in Brighton, starting September 2022.
1. Send an email to [email protected] providing a personal statement telling us about your background, your music and why you would benefit from this scholarship. Tell us where you would like to take your music in the future. This can be submitted in a written format (approx. 1000 words) or a video (approx. 5 minutes).
2. If you write, record or perform music, please include links to at least 3 filmed or recorded performances. These can be studio or live performances; phone video is fine and audio quality needs to be good enough that we can clearly identify the parts and performances. If you are sending a collaborative performance, please make your own contribution clear.
3. Please also confirm in the email that you have read and understood the Damian Keyes Scholarship Terms & Conditions (see below).
4. Ensure you get your completed application with all requested information to us by the deadline of Friday 19th August 2022.
5. WaterBear will be in contact with you thereafter with news about your application and whether or not you have been successful. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 26th August 2022.
MA Music Performance, Production and Business
MA Music Performance, Production & Business course at WaterBear is a revolutionary new Master’s programme designed for artists, bands, session musicians and producers. You will create, record and release your own music, working in professional studios with professional music producers and mix engineers. You will be able to gain your Master’s in just one year and like all other courses at WaterBear, it's fully approved by one of the UK's leading Higher Education providers for the creative industries, Falmouth University.
MA Music Industry Enterprise
The MA Music Industry Enterprise course at WaterBear can fast-track your professional career in just one year. Your own projects underpin the course to offer a deeper level of personal and professional development. This comprehensive postgraduate qualification will help you become an adaptive thinker, creator and entrepreneur within a music industry that shapes the zeitgeist of contemporary culture. It is built on three fundamental elements – your past, your present and the bridge to your future. It’s flexible, innovative and the degree course is designed to fit around your life. It’s approved and awarded by one of the UK’s leading specialist universities for the creative industries, Falmouth University.
Applications to the Damian Keyes Scholarship by students enrolling on the MA Music Performance, Production & Business course or the MA Music Industry Enterprise course at WaterBear are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. One (1) Damian Keyes Scholarship place is available for the start of the 2022-2023 academic year. The successful recipient of the Scholarship award will be selected by an independent industry panel whose decision will be final.
2. The Scholarship award application is open to new students applying to and studying the MA Music Performance, Production & Business course or the MA Music Industry Enterprise course.
3. Applications can be submitted from Wednesday 1st June 2022 and will remain open until Friday 19th August 2022. The successful applicant will be announced by Friday 26th August 2022.
4. The successful recipient of the Damian Keyes Scholarship award will be notified by email from WaterBear to inform them directly of the decision. WaterBear will celebrate the news of the Scholarship award being made by running the story across the usual media outlets.
5. The Scholarship award will cover tuition fees for the MA Music Performance, Production & Business 1-year on-site course or the MA Music Industry Enterprise 1-year on-site course.
6. The Scholarship award is for tuition fees only and does not cover living expenses or other associated course costs.
7. Course entry requirements apply. WaterBear welcomes applications from non-standard applicants and mature students. WaterBear can advise on your suitability for the course.
8. The successful recipient of the Damian Keyes Scholarship award agrees to participate in press and PR opportunities as required and to provide quotes and updates where appropriate.
9. WaterBear will immediately cease any award associated with the Damian Keyes Scholarship being made if: a) The student in receipt of the Damian Keyes Scholarship withdraws from the programme of study; b) The student in receipt of the Damian Keyes Scholarship is suspended or excluded from WaterBear; c) The student in receipt of the Damian Keyes Scholarship is unable to continue their studies at WaterBear; d) The student in receipt of the Damian Keyes Scholarship has made any misrepresentation or acted fraudulently or dishonestly in their application.
10. WaterBear Education reserves the right to withdraw the Scholarship and associated awards if any of these terms and conditions are not met.
11. There is no cash or cash equivalent associated with the Damian Keyes Scholarship award.
- ‘Water bear’ is the common name for a Tardigrade.
- Tardigrades are micro creatures, found everywhere on earth.
- They are the most resilient creatures known.
- They can survive and adapt to their surroundings, even in outer space.
- Their resilience and ability to adapt and survive inspires us in everything we do. We love them.