Hone your skills at the cutting edge of music education
WaterBear announces inaugural Open Day
Brighton’s newest, most innovative independent music college will be opening its doors for its very first Open Day at the WaterBear HQ Building, in Hanover House, 118 Queens Road, on Saturday 22nd September.
WaterBear is Brighton’s brand-new, state-of-the-art independent music college. The college is run by its founders Bruce John Dickinson (of Little Angels), Adam Bushell (of Freak Power) and Mark Clayden (of Pitchshifter) – a formidable team of highly-experienced music pros.
WaterBear specialises in higher education courses for forward-thinking musicians, creatives and entrepreneurs. The college offers BA(Hons) and MA degree programmes , ideal for musicians, music producers, songwriters, and also filmmakers, social media creators, tour managers and DJs. These BA (Hons) and Masters programmes are fully accredited by the University of Chichester and include a brand-new BA (Hons) in Commercial Music; an MA in Music Industry Innovation and Enterprise for degree graduates; and an MA in Music Industry Innovation and Enterprise for mature students.
Whatever stage you’re at in your career, WaterBear offers flexible degree and Masters-level qualifications for you. Whether you’re just starting out, refining your craft or repositioning your career path, the courses are designed to fit around your lifestyle. So, what makes WaterBear unique? What gives it the edge and makes it right for you?
- A personalised learning environment. Our courses offer small class sizes and a high staff- to-student ratio.
- Innovative course design.
- Bespoke learning. You can choose to study full-time or online. Our flexible higher education courses fit around your commitment and needs.
- We invest in a culture of entrepreneurialism within the creative arts by providing cutting-edge courses that boost career prospects.
- We connect learning to industry. WaterBear has a passionate commitment to grassroots innovation in arts and business. That’s why we only recruit tutors and mentors who are active at a high level in the industry, with relevant experience AND skills in teaching and learning.
- An exciting, high-achieving tutor roster. Ruth Daniel, for example, our Entrepreneur Lecturer and MA Tutor, has just secured a one-million-pound research grant for In Place of War, her Manchester-based international NGO (non-government/non-profit organisation).
- We offer a 360 degree view of the industry. WaterBear isn’t about ivory tower academia and our programmes do much more than just focus on one, narrow skill set. Our courses offer real-world learning across the board, to open up and enhance career paths in an fast-paced industry.
- Wellbeing is paramount. We promote a healthy work-life balance through a tailored welfare programme, featuring one-to-one sessions and support.
- Our Brighton-based location offers students a vibrant city to work, study and play in, with an active music scene and vibrant seaside culture.
Although WaterBear is a brand-new higher education college, it’s one that’s been built on decades of knowledge and expertise in the music business and in modern music education. If you’re considering a career in music, this is one college you need to check out and September’s Open Day offers a perfect opportunity to see how it fits your needs and ask questions first-hand.